Tuesday 28 April 2015

Exciting times...

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I became a first time homeowner. It’s been quite exciting getting everything sorted from decorating, choosing our carpets and furniture. We’ve kept with clean simple colours so that if we were to sell or rent in the future it would still look modern and easy to redecorate. Since I’ve been busy sorting things out so that its ready for us to move in I haven’t had time to work on my garments, instead I have been working on my sketchbook to update all the samples and toiles I had been doing and some fabric research/testing.

I have been playing around with fabrics because I think that as a pattern cutter I need to learn how to use different types of fabrics from stretch to non stretch and fine to strong textures, because for example if I drafted a pattern that will work with a stretch fabric it wouldn’t work on a non stretch or it would fit differently.


Here are some fabric sourcing I did today, very random pieces because I’m feeling a variety of different types of fabric within my collection.




Rachael x

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming homeowners! Moving to a new home is always exciting :)
    Just to let you know, I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award right here http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/05/the-sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award-2-0/
    Have a lovely day! x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you so much! means a lot! love your post, was fun to read :) keep doing what your doing! xx

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait for have also my own house. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marina!! hehe that moment when you get your own place is the best feeling! good luck xxx

      Delete