Thursday 23 April 2015

Progress Update...

Hihi I keep forgetting to post my progress on here so here is a quick update on some of my collection pieces.



The minion outfit

This is the pink canvas pinafore toile I started of messing about with. Here I have re-toiled it and I wasn’t sure about the back as it hung lose and I wanted a waistband so that it could fit some skorts (aka a skirt at the front but actual shorts on the inside). I draped a simple and plain back bodice piece to the back (as shown in first image). I still liked the pleated effect over the neckline so I used this yellow net to create the pleat around the neck area; this created a nice big oval shape. At first I felt like this was a really good idea as it represented the minion shape very well but as a whole outfit together I feel like it as just an oversized cape hanging over the shoulders.

Using the jumpsuit pattern I sampled up a cropped t-shirt to complete the outfit. It is a very simple and loose t-shirt, which is good for completing the outfit, as it will go underneath the pinafore dress, but I feel like I still need to do something to it and make it more interesting. I decided that I will use the original pleated back piece from the pink canvas as I think this new back piece isn’t very creative and different enough.

                                             
I did pattern draft and toile the skort but I will probably use this in a different outfit.



                                             
Agnes outfit

Inspired by Agnes’s ballet dress. I first started draping on the mannequin using a non-stretch fabric I started of creating a leotard without realising that this needs to be in a stretch material to be able to get in and out of, with it being fitted and no fastening. I then re-toiled it with a stretch jersey, which did not work out very well as it became loose after a bit of pulling and stretching.  I decided that I did not want to create a dress fit for sports use or ballet dancing. So I used the patterns from the original non-stretch toile and re-toiled adding darts and a waistband so that I could add the skirt piece to the waistband and a zip on the back to get in and out of the dress. I feel like this dress has progressed really fast and worked out well.




 This is another quick toile; I will be using the exact fabric as this for the final. I intend to keep these shorts simple, as I will be having a long t-shirt covering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment