Monday 30 March 2015

Brand Awareness/Consumer Profile

After finishing work last night as I was on my way home I was browsing on Instagram, all of a sudden I had this boost of motivation. I had so much to do on my mind and I wanted to quickly get my head down and get some work done. Not sure what it was, could be the summer collections and outfits popping up and made me feel more motivated.

I decided that as soon as I get in and freshened up I would jump on the laptop and get something done. After my hot shower my motivation disappeared I couldn’t believe how my motivation and inspiration could disappear so quickly.

I didn’t give up though; I started browsing again and realised that I’ve not checked out the latest season A/W 2015 RTW fashion week shows.  So of I went on style.com and BOOM inspired instantly, amazed how fashion images can motivate me straight away.

Sometimes I get lost in this collection I’m not sure if it’s because of the concept I have chosen or just my lack of motivation. But after flicking through some designers last night I realised that I hadn’t chosen a Brand or Consumer who I aim to create this collection for.

I decided that Hussein Chalayan’s ready to wear style will suit my collection and I will use him as my brand/consumer.




Hussein Chalayan’s A/W 2015 Ready to wear collection.


S/S 2015

Hussein Chalayan is famous for his crafty design pieces using architecture and technology within his work i.e. the aeroplane dress and the coffee table dress. Although his Ready to wear collections are daily wear garments he still adds some interesting cuts to his work making it “look” like its unwearable or unusual to wear as a casual outfit. So I have chosen this Brand/Designer to fit my collection in, as it also has the similar comfy, casual, yet smart style I am creating.

The consumers I hope to target are:
-Modern
-Mid-Twenties
-Urban
-Chic
-Social
-Edgy
-Sophisticated

 

Styles that are:
-Sporty
-Feminine
-Casual
-Comfy
-Smart
-Clean
-Oversize

Well I thought this was going to be a short post tonight but turns out its pretty long... See told you I’m feeling more motivated and inspired.

Goodnight xx
  

No comments:

Post a Comment