Tuesday 3 March 2015

UPDATE!!….

Well hello fellow bloggers! Its been one month since I last blogged, I have so much to update on.

First of all I want to thank the 3 wonderful bloggers who reposted the Libster Award post. Alina Meinart, Amandasays and Kaleigh Sewell check them out! Reading your answers to my questions was quite interesting, especially learning that a majority of us prefer online shopping than shopping in retail shops. The power of technology in the 21st century eh?

Ok so second, I don’t think I have ever mentioned on here but along side my Masters study I also run and manage a Chinese take away in Lincoln. I actually live in Manchester my parents and family live in Doncaster (where my university is) and I work in Lincoln, so I do a lot of travelling. My work hours have messed my sleeping pattern and lifestyle up, I work in the evening so I end up sleeping at ridiculous times in the morning like 4/5AM, sometimes even 7AM. After catching my 8 hours sleep then of I go back to work again. My lifestyle is so unhealthy and its not helping my studies either, and yes I’m pretty behind on my Uni work hence I’ve not posted in so long.

Anyway hopefully I can get back on track with my project ASAP and show you guys some awesome experiments and findings. Its not easy running a business on its own let alone studying along the side of it, but my MA degree is more important because it will lead to my future, my career and especially it’s learning what I enjoy doing the most.

I admit that my work is lacking but I do have some bits to update on. Remember the fabric sourcing post that I posted about sourcing fabrics from London, Manchester and Goldthorpe? Well just to show you bits what I found.


 I have placed the fabric together to look and decide on the colour I will be using.




Oh remember that I mentioned the reason why I didn’t source my fabrics by a colour pallet? Because I struggle to pick the right swatch on the computer and that printing it out is a slight different colour to the real colour I want? Well…

The dress… the dress that’s gone crazy on the internet is the perfect example! Looking at a colour digitally can change the colour totally different in real life.

So what colour do you see?

I see it white and gold…. 

Anyway not to bore you with so much text I’m going to end this blog here tonight and post again tomorrow night with some toiles and samples I’ve been working on.


Much Love R.Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment